Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Going on a moose search....


Casey and I went on a moose search up Little Cottonwood. Casey's enthusiasm and curiosity was inspiring to say the least. While we saw lot's of deer and enjoyed the beautiful wild flowers in bloom we did not see a moose. It was hard to get Casey to leave he was having so much fun. I am excited for Casey to gain a few years so I can start teaching him the way of the mountains. By the time we left it was cold, a nice relief from the 100+ heat we have been having as of late. We were able to catch the sunset on the way down which was enhanced a bit by some of the smoke still remaining in the valley. Stay tuned for the mountain goat search.(This post was done by Nic, guys can blog too you know)

5 comments:

Karen said...

What a fun Father/Son adventure! Casey seems right in his element just like his parents. The last picture is a very sweet look into Casey.

Melissa said...

Nic,

I love your post! Let's here it for the guys. Is the love (mountain) shirt your design? I saw some sketches while I was over at your house. You need to market it and make a million dollars. So talented and so cute. The talented part is for you -- cute part for Casey, although I'm sure it works vice versa :).

The Garber Family said...

I'm so excited that I can see you guys online now. All my good intentions to call or get together and never get around to it seem not so bad when I can get weekly updates of what you guys are doing!

Mel said...

Hey Nic- you'll have to hint to Mark that he can blog too! We'll get him going one of these days. These are darling pictures! Enjoy the last few weeks of freedom before school starts up again. :)

Mattie said...

im so glad you have a blog! you have the cutest family ever!! i want my little girl to look just like lily...she is just beautiful!

Speaking of the r-word...they still use MR here in California so I will have to start saying it when I work! I wish the ID train would make its way here...it will be really hard to make the switch! ugh!